Sure to fascinate any budding collector, lovely wood tones within a genuine gemstone!
- 100gm Tumbled & Polished Petrified Wood
- Tumbled gem stones, rare, Fascinating!
- Beautiful little gems, smoothly tumbled and polished
- Natural Wood Grain Colours
- Hold in your hand and roll around to release their soothing healing properties
- Great for any budding gemmologist, to build a collection or just to look pretty.
- Most children love pretty coloured stones (caution, not for young children as small stones may present a choking hazard)
A ruler is in the image to enable you to determine the exact size of the stones.
Copy the image to your computer and then enlarge it to get a better picture of these items!
- 100gm of Stones
- As they are bundled by weight, the quantity of stones may vary depending on their size
- Natural Colours
- Approximate size 20-40mm each approximately
- Please note, we will be making a selection from a bundle for you and the actual shapes, colours and stones may vary slightly
The following healing properties is an extract taken (with permission) from the book - Crystal & Gem Healing by Lesley Mitchell (also available for purchase - a perfect compliment if giving your gemstones as a gift)
Many wonder over the unusual appearance of Petrified Wood, this stems from the fact that it is in fact fossilised tree trunks and/or plant matter. It assists in boosting the health and effectiveness of the circulatory system, the spine and the bones. Relieving backache and burdens, whether these are caused physically, emotionally or mentally. It assists with any diseases caused due to hardening in the arteries or the bones, as well as relieving skin conditions. An excellent stone for those wishing to work with past lives as it creates a connection with the past. It also has the ability to make the user more environmentally conscious.
CHAKRA : Base
Petrified wood (from the Greek root petro meaning "rock" or "stone"; literally "wood turned into stone") is the name given to a special type of fossilized remains of terrestrial vegetation. It is the result of a tree or tree-like plants having completely transitioned to stone by the process of permineralization. All the organic materials have been replaced with minerals (mostly a silicate, such as quartz), while retaining the original structure of the stem tissue. Unlike other types of fossils - typically impressions or compressions, petrified wood is a 3 dimensional representation of the original organic material. The petrifaction process occurs underground, when wood becomes buried under sediment and is preserved due to a lack of oxygen. Mineral-laden water flowing through deposits in the plant's cells; as its lignin & cellulose decay, a stone mould forms in its place.