The Edible Silk Range lustre dusts are a colourful range of 100% edible, fine dusts, with a soft shimmery finish and a hint of sparkle.
The colours can be blended together to give deeper colours or a softer finish, for example; by adding pearl white to purple planet will result in a softer lilac shade.
Their main use is:
- Adding to Lip Balms for a shimmery effect
- Dry brush on to cakes covered in sugar paste which has been left to dry overnight (brushing the lustre dust directly onto a newly iced cake can cause the lustre to appear patchy), when applying it is worth noting that the larger surface area you want to cover is best done with the largest dusting brush you have and by putting some of the lustre first onto kitchen paper to load the brush and knock off any excess, cutting out the risk of applying too much lustre in one spot, a large make up bronzing type brush is ideal, and by using a small dusting brush can be dusted onto a more detailed item ie: sugar flower and sugar shapes etc.
- Add to Bathing Crystals / Salts
- Dry Brush on to cookies and biscuits, either onto a plain biscuit or one that has been finished with sugar paste or royal icing.
- Dry Brush on Chocolates / Candies / Lollies
- Can be added in Soaps (although it is cheaper to use the cosmetic Micas)
Do not mix the lustre dust with water to make a paint as it will not mix correctly and go lumpy.
Using a pure alchohol spirit instead.
Package contains a 3g Net Pot
Suitable for Vegetarians