ROUGH SPECIMENS OF PETRIFIED WOOD
1 kilo / 1000grams (that's heaps!!!) of ROUGH SPECIMENS OF PETRIFIED WOOD - Great Value! RRP - $4-25 each piece
- Absolutely beautiful, this listing is for 1kg of the above gems - Yes 1kg of them!!!! WOW!
- Depending on size - this could be up to 10-30 specimens - that's great value - use for yourself, gifts or to resell!
- That's a huge selection - it will make any crystal healer or budding gem collector thrilled!
- Let us choose a lovely selection for you - at a great price!
- These pieces vary in size & are beautiful quality. Each piece is a gemstone - there are no 'rubbish' pieces thrown in. You are certain to be delighted with them. What a great gift for anyone who loves gems.
- Let us hand select a range for you which weighs 1000gm - there's a good selection of gems here!
- Specimens are lovely in shades of color. Varying sizes. Beautiful quality, From Australia. Lovely quality & unusual gems for collectors.
- Great for schools, collectors or an unusual gift. My children have given these bundles to many school friends as birthday gifts and they are always fascinated - by these wonderful earth's treasures!
This photo really isn't the best. It was a hot day and the gems were wet & the photo was taken simply looking into a bowl. We will choose a lovely selection for you!
*PLEASE NOTE: To bring a real sparkle to the gems in the above pictures - wet them to show off their true colors, this can be achieved easily with water, hair lacquer, varnish or polishing.
Petrified wood (from the Greek root petro meaning "rock" or "stone"; literally "wood turned into stone") is the name given to a special type of fossilized remains of terrestrial vegetation. It is the result of a tree or tree-like plants having completely transitioned to stone by the process of permineralization. All the organic materials have been replaced with minerals (mostly a silicate, such as quartz), while retaining the original structure of the stem tissue. Unlike other types of fossils - typically impressions or compressions, petrified wood is a 3 dimensional representation of the original organic material. The petrifaction process occurs underground, when wood becomes buried under sediment and is preserved due to a lack of oxygen. Mineral-laden water flowing through deposits in the plant's cells; as its lignin & cellulose decay, a stone mould forms in its place.