ROUGH SPECIMENS OF PETRIFIED WOOD
1 kilo / 1000grams (that's heaps!!!) of ROUGH SPECIMENS OF PETRIFIED WOOD - Great Value! RRP - $4-25 each piece
Gemstone: Petrified Wood
Vivid colours, natural gemstone GEMSTONE
These gems show the original tree markings where they have been transformed into Genuine Gemstones, we hand collected these over decades of fossicking and we have so many it is time to move some on, we have large barrels here and will select them out as you purchase.
Finish: Beautifully Natural Form, Untumbled, Rough
Location Origin of stone: Chinchilla, Australia
Perfect for gem cutting
NATURAL GEMSTONE CRYSTALS
Beautiful markings, gems,
Lovely natural crystal / mineral specimens
You can see the fascinating colours and natural shape, sure to delight all.
Quantity / Weight of Gem: per kg as per drop down selection
SIZE: Weight varies due to size
Quite rare & lovely
Why buy from us: Lesley is a certified Gemmologist, these stones are selected for their authenticity, we are located in Melbourne, Australia and here to assist you with identification of any questions you may have
Perfect for gem collectors, crystal healers or just to look attractive on display.
*Please note - these may be wet in the image and may need polishing / spraying to bring out their full colour - perfect for tumblers.
* Actual gems may vary slightly from those shown in the picture above
- Depending on size (and if you break them)- this could be up to 10-30 specimens per kg - that's great value - use for yourself, gifts or to resell!
- That's a huge selection - it will make any crystal healer or budding gem collector thrilled!
- Let us choose a lovely selection for you - at a great price!
- These pieces vary in size & are beautiful quality. Each piece is a gemstone - there are no 'rubbish' pieces thrown in. A great gift for anyone who loves gems.
- Let us hand select a range for - there's a good selection of gems here!
- Specimens are lovely in shades of color. Varying sizes. Beautiful quality, From Australia. Lovely quality & unusual gems for collectors.
- Great for schools, collectors or an unusual gift. My children have given these bundles to many school friends as birthday gifts and they are always fascinated - by these wonderful earth's treasures!
This photo really isn't the best. It was a hot day and the gems were wet & the photo was taken simply looking into a bowl. We will choose a lovely selection for you!
*PLEASE NOTE: To bring a real sparkle to the gems in the above pictures - wet them to show off their true colors, this can be achieved easily with water, hair lacquer, varnish or polishing.
Petrified wood (from the Greek root petro meaning "rock" or "stone"; literally "wood turned into stone") is the name given to a special type of fossilized remains of terrestrial vegetation. It is the result of a tree or tree-like plants having completely transitioned to stone by the process of permineralization. All the organic materials have been replaced with minerals (mostly a silicate, such as quartz), while retaining the original structure of the stem tissue. Unlike other types of fossils - typically impressions or compressions, petrified wood is a 3 dimensional representation of the original organic material. The petrifaction process occurs underground, when wood becomes buried under sediment and is preserved due to a lack of oxygen. Mineral-laden water flowing through deposits in the plant's cells; as its lignin & cellulose decay, a stone mould forms in its place.